A clearly better way to retire
Ever thought about where you will be in 2050? Perhaps retired and on a beach? We can help you achieve your dreams with the investment option that’s right for you.
The Government of Canada introduced the Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) more than 50 years ago to encourage people to save for their retirement. An RRSP is still one of the best tax-saving and retirement planning tools around.
- Tax-deductible contributions – Contributions, within limits, are tax deductible.
- Tax-sheltered earnings – Any income you earn in an RRSP is usually exempt from tax as long as the funds remain in the plan.
- Tax deferral – Although you are required to pay tax on your RRSP savings when you withdraw them from the plan, you will have deferred this to the future when it’s likely that your marginal tax rate will be lower than it was during your peak income-earning years.
Special investment plans
Luminus has a variety of special investment plans that you can choose from for your RRSP investments:
- High interest savings account at 1.75% - liquid and readily accessible.
- 1 year GIC at 2.10% - short term with a great rate.
- Escalator Term Deposits – long term with growth.
|5 Year Escalators||Rates|
Need a loan to make more contributions? We have investment loans available with rates starting at 4%.