Accessibility for Members with Disabilities (AODA)
Providing Products and Services to People with Disabilities
Luminus Financial is committed to excellence in serving all customers, and accommodate people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff is familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers/members with disabilities while accessing our services.
Effective communication with our member-owners is a number one priority. We will take into account our members’ individual needs when communicating with them.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, Luminus Financial will notify customers/members promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
The notice will be placed at all Luminus Financial branches and our website.
Training for staff
Luminus Financial will provide training to all its employees, board of directors, volunteers and others who deal or may deal with the public or other third parties on their behalf.
This training will be provided within three months after they acquire their positions.
Training will include:
• An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
• Luminus Financial’s accessible customer service plan.
• How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
• How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
• What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Luminus Financial’s products and services
Employees, board of directors, volunteers, and others will also be trained when changes are made to Luminus Financial’s accessible customer service plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Luminus Financial provides products and services to people with disabilities can, e-mail, telephone, mail, there suggestions or opinions. All feedback and or member complaints will be directed to the Compliance Officer. If requested, members can expect to receive a response within fourteen days.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of Luminus Financial that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.
We are committed to ensuring our online services are as accessible as possible to all users. While there are no formal web accessibility requirements in Canada, we comply with the World Wide Web Consortium's (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). These standards assist website developers by describing best practices for creating websites that are accessible to all users.
Some of the ways we achieve online accessibility include:
- Authoring all pages with Extensible Hypertext Markup Language (XHTML) 1.0 and creating layouts with Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) that follow the principle of separating content from presentation. If you are having difficulty reading these web pages because of the colours or fonts, you can disable the CSS on your browser or modify the text size using the default controls built into your browser.
- Providing a 'skip to content' link at the top of all pages, allowing you to quickly access the content on each page, while avoiding headers and navigation.
- Creating pages that allow visually-impaired users to navigate the site effectively with a screen reading aid. For example, images have text-based descriptions and title attributes that tell users where a link will take them if they click on it and structured headings provide an overview of the site that let users jump quickly to desired sections.
We recommend users keep their browsers up-to-date to take advantage of new technologies and refer to the accessibility topic in the 'help' section for details on how to change browser settings. For more information on which browsers we support, visit the Browser Requirements section of this site.
If you have any difficulties accessing any aspect of the site, please contact us.